This tool provides a centralized repository for health professional education resources for use in genetics/genomics education.
Using this tool you can:
- Download resources and assessments for use in genetics/genomics education
- Contribute resources and assessments to the curriculum
- Review the Curriculum maps and use as a planning tool for genetics/genomics education
Download resources for use in education
- Choose a career: Genetic Counselor, Nurse, Pharmacist, Physician, Physician Assistant
- Choose a Curricular Area to search:
- Learning Activities & Resources - Exercises designed to develop professional ability and resources that facilitate competency
- Performance Indicators - A measurable knowledge, skill or ability of a professional that demonstrates competency
- Competencies & Core Knowledge - A high level educational goal for learners. Specific areas of knowledge learners need to achieve a competency
- Assessments - Exercises designed to measure the outcome of a Learning Activity
- Enter a Search Term or Choose a Topic
- Click the Search button
- Choose the View link next to the resource to see details
- If you want to save the resource, click the Save button. This will save the resource information to your personal resource list
- View and/or email your personal resource list by clicking on the My Resources link at the top right of the screen
Contribute resources and assessments to the curriculum
You may submit a resource or assessment for consideration to include in the curriculum resources. This will go through a review by an editorial board and you will be notified of approval status. If you have difficulty submitting material or further questions about the curriculum maps or submitting material, you can contact Sally Reidy at email@example.com for assistance.
- Click the Share Your Resources button or link
- Read the information on the submission process, editorial review guidelines and FAQs
- Click on the Submission Form link in the menu on the right side of the screen
- Complete the form and submit
Review the Competency Guidelines and Curriculum Map
This portion of the website allows you to view the Competency Guidelines and Curriculum Map. This can be useful for planning a genomics/genetics curriculum for an educational program or to find resources tied to a particular competency or learning objective.
- Click the Review the Competency Guidelines and Curriculum Map link
- Choose an Educator Type: Genetic Counselor, Nurse, Pharmacist, Physician, Physician Assistant
- Click the Search button
- From the resulting search screen, view competencies and performance indicators for resources
- Click on a Resource to view details and/or save to your personal list
Technical Support, and Other Questions
For technical support, submit a support ticket through our eSupport system.
If you have difficulty submitting material or further questions about the curriculum maps, you can contact Sally Reidy at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.